Cheese & Wine Pairing!
Cheese is often considered the perfect partner to wine, but it's not always that easy. Often white wine works just as well as red and you can find out why when we taste 7 wines matching them with seven top quality cheeses from around the world!
We'll look at 7 cheese styles from specialist local cheesemonger Hum Closen: goat's cheese, salty cheddar, melting brie styles, crumbly wensleydale, blue cheese, swiss mountain cheese and smoked cheddar. I'll be teaching the principles of cheese and wine matching so you can get it right first time when you do it at home.
The line-up may vary (any good delicatessen will seasonally adjust their range), but is likely to include:
- Goat's cheese with Sancerre(a classic match!)
- Creamy french blue cheese (not too strong) with a dessert wine
- Salty cheddar with Bordeaux (why does this one work so well?)
- French Brie / Vacherin with Viognier
- Wensleydale / Cheshire with Pinot Noir
- Smoked cheddar with Chardonnay
- An ultra-flexible mystery wine (that pairs well with MOST cheeses) with a washed rind Swiss cheese
Biscuits for cheese are included and details of where to source the wines locally if you want to get your hands on the pairings you like the most..
There will be something for everyone in this special tasting. If you like cheese and you like wine, this is the perfect combination - book on-line now.
All our tastings include tasting notes, a tutored tasting and the use of professional tasting glasses.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 8th Oct 2020 at 7pm
Venue: Clayton Hotel, Station Road
Clayton Hotel Cambridge
27-29 Station Road