Saturday CHRISTMAS Intro to Wine
SOLVE CHRISTMAS! Join us for a fun wine tasting journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world (and discovering which pairs best with the Christmas meal).
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
At a central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine.
Plus watch and learn how to open a bottle of Champagne by 'Sabrage' (using a sabre)!
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of tasting wine to enjoy a delicious two-course lunch.
- Start with Champagne
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your tasting and senses
Two-course lunch is included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 18
Course Date/Time: Sat 6th Nov 2021 at 11.00am
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Clayton Hotel, Station Road
Clayton Hotel Cambridge
27-29 Station Road