Saturday Introduction to Wine
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey. We'll taste wines from all over the world (no previous experience necessary).
At a central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine.
Plus watch and learn how to open a bottle of Champagne by 'Sabrage' (using a sabre)!
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of tasting wine to enjoy a delicious two-course lunch.
- Start with Champagne
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics(France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your tasting and senses
Two-course wine pairing lunch included in the price.
- How to taste wine like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, body, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Sat 17th Oct 2020 at 11.00am
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Clayton Hotel, Station Road
Clayton Hotel Cambridge
27-29 Station Road