Saturday Intro: FRANCE vs NEW WORLD
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey through OLD WORLD and NEW WORLD wines. Beginning with Champagne and including a 2-course wine pairing lunch. No previous experience necessary.
And watch us open a bottle of Champagne by 'Sabrage' (using a sabre)!
Our Saturday courses are held inside the beautiful and historic Chris's college, founded in 1437 and where Charles Darwin studied in Cambridge.
At this central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine in a lovely wood-panelled room leading onto a Minstrel's gallery with a spectacular view overlooking the interior of the dining hall.
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious wine pairing lunch followed by a mini tour of the college.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like (filmed at a different college).
This fascinating course is a great introduction to wine comparing the classic wine regions of France directly with the best the New World can offer using the same grapes! Learn all the basics about the different grape varieties and how to taste wine like a professional!
We will compare Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah/Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and oher grapes from the best locations and producers from France and the New World.
- Burgundy vs New World (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- Bordeaux vs New World (Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot blends)
- Rhone vs New World (Grenache & Shiraz)
- Loire & Alsace vs New World (Sauvignon Blanc & Riesling)
- Improve your senses - Nez du Vin
Two-course lunch and Champagne included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- Learn the basics of food & wine pairing to make the most of meals at home
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 21st Mar 2020 at 11.00am
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Christ's College, St Andrews Street
St Andrews Street