Saturday Introduction to Wine
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey! Beginning with Champagne, we'll taste at least 13 wines from around the world (no previous experience necessary)!
From 2019 our Saturday courses will be held inside the beautiful Jesus college, one of the Cambridge University colleges. Founded in 1496, some of the buildings date from the 12th century when it was a nunnery (the chapel is the oldest Cambridge University building still in use).
At this central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine in a lovely wood-panelled room overlooking the West Court and gardens.
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch in a dining room with beamed ceilings, fireplace and chandeliers.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like (filmed at a different college).
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Two-course lunch & Champagne is included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Sat 6th Apr 2019 at 11am
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Jesus College, Jesus Lane