Cambridge Intro to Gin Tasting!
Welcome to a wonderful gin tasting experience in Cambridge!
Gin is on a roll at the moment with new micro-distilleries opening up seemingly every month. We'll sample gins from around the UK including the multiple award-winning Cambridge gin from Cambridge distillery.
But what is gin? Where was it first made? What are the styles of gin available today?
Find out everything you need to know about gin at this fascinating two hour tasting. We'll be taking a look at a range of botanicals and nosing and tasting six high quality gins.
These days gins are increasingly styled around locations and are flavoured with botanicals based on what is growing and available locally. We'll sample:
- A benchmark popular gin - giving us a comparison point for common botanicals
- Adnams Copper House - intense citrus and spice flavours with full body (thanks to the barley spirit Adnams creates from its own beer)
- Cotswolds gin - spicy, peppery falvours with creamy texture and long flavour
- Cambridge gin - award-winning gin carefully blended by local Master distiller and balanced from a range of single botanical infusions
- Roundwood gin - made by two local gin heroes living and working as estate managers and flavoured with locally foraged berries
- Ely gin - a gin infused with botanicals and then also fresh fruit flavours from local farms
No previous knowledge is required for any of our events. Find other dates on our Gin events page.
We'll explore each individual gin in its neat form before opening up the flavours further with Fevertree tonic mixers.
The evening will include your very own DIY fruit plate to garnish each gin.
This tasting is great for gin lovers and anyone who wants to find out more about gin and how it is made.
All our tastings include tasting notes, a tutored tasting and the use of professional tasting glasses.
Places remaining: 18
Course Date/Time: Thu 23rd Jan 2020 at 7pm
Venue: Royal Cambridge Hotel, Trumpington St