Discover New World Wines (TUES evenings)
Join us over 4 evenings as we dig deep into wines from New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, Chile, California, Argentina and England!
This course is a terrific chance to try a wide range of wines, discover new favorites and understand the unique contribution to wine made by different new world countries.
This discovery tour of the New World wines and regions will:
- introduce you to well established and new grape varieties
- explain how wine is made influences flavour
- help you understand common wine faults and what to do about them
- give you the keys to interpret wine labels
The course programme (all Tuesdays 7-9pm and IF YOU NEED TO SKIP ANY we can credit you so you can pick them up when they repeat or use your credit for any other tasting):
- 01 OCT - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- 08 OCT - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
- 15 OCT - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
- 22 OCT - Champagne & Sparkling Wine (+ £14 fish & chips supper)!
This is a fantastic opportunity to taste over 25 exciting wines and discover those you like best. Challenge the way you think about wine - forever!
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and nibbles provided.
Please Note: £60 course fee excludes the cost of the wines - pay £10 cash per evening for at least 6 different wines each night with nibbles. This SAVES 10% off the cost of the evenings booked separately.
Our venue will be the Royal Cambridge Hotel on Trumpington Street with free car parking for wine school customers (see Our Venues page).
This course makes a great gift idea!
Places remaining: 11
Course Date/Time: Tue 1st Oct 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 4 x 2hr each Tuesday
Venue: Royal Cambridge Hotel, Trumpington St