Saturday CHRISTMAS Intro to Wine
SOLVE CHRISTMAS! Join us for a fun wine tasting journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world (and discovering which pairs best with the Christmas meal).
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Our Saturday courses are held inside the beautiful Jesus college. Founded in 1496, some of the buildings date from the 12th century when it was a nunnery (the chapel is the oldest Cambridge University building still in use).
At this central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine in a lovely wood-panelled room overlooking the West Court and gardens.
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch in a dining room with beamed ceilings, fireplace and chandeliers.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like (filmed at a different college).
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Two-course lunch & Champagne is included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Sat 30th Nov 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Jesus College, Jesus Lane