8 Week Introduction to the WORLD OF WINE
Join us on a jaunt around the globe on Tuesday evenings as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you (and see here how you Get one night FREE).
The World of Wine course runs weekly, but if you need to miss an evening you can easily pick it up when the course runs again or receive a credit against the cost of any of our other tasting or event. So don't worry if you are going on holiday or need to be away at any point!
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting over 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Please Note: course fee (£105) excludes the cost of wine, food and materials (£10 payable each night) - great value at £23.12 per evening! Click here to see how you Get One Night FREE!
Course Dates (all Tuesdays - if you can't make any, let us know and you can pick it up next time):
- 07 MAY - Introduction to wine: tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties (note it is not required to attend this session first - if you happen to be away the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
- 14 MAY - France: all the major regions + the importance of climate and weather
- 21 MAY - Italy: the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
- 28 MAY - Spain & Portugal + serving and storing wine
- 04 JUN - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- 11 JUN - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
- 18 JUN - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
- 25 JUN - Champagne & Sparkling Wine (+ £13 fish & chips supper)!
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Our venue for this course is Royal Cambridge Hotel on Trumpington St, Cambridge. See our Venue page for more details.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Tue 7th May 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2hrs each evening
Venue: Royal Cambridge Hotel, Trumpington St