Saturday Intro: FRANCE vs NEW WORLD
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey through OLD WORLD and NEW WORLD wines, tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary! Beginning with Champagne, watch us open the bottle by 'sabrage' (using a sabre)!
From 2019 our Saturday courses will be held inside the beautiful Jesus college, one of the Cambridge University colleges. Founded in 1496, some of the buildings date from the 12th century when it was a nunnery (the chapel is the oldest Cambridge University building still in use).
At this central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine in a lovely wood-panelled room overlooking the West Court and gardens.
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch in a dining room with beamed ceilings, fireplace and chandeliers.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like (filmed at a different college).
This fascinating course is a great introduction to wine comparing the classic wine regions of France directly with the best the New World can offer using the same grapes! Learn all the basics about the different grape varieties and how to taste wine like a professional!
We will compare Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah/Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Chardonnay and more from the best locations and producers from France and the New World.
- Burgundy vs New World (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- Bordeaux vs New World (Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot blends)
- Rhone vs New World (Grenache & Shiraz)
- Loire & Alsace vs New World (Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling)
- Improve your senses - Nez du Vin
Two-course lunch and Champagne included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- Learn the basics of food & wine pairing to make the most of meals at home
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sat 8th Jun 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Jesus College, Jesus Lane