Cheese & Wine Pairing for CHRISTMAS!
Be ready and prepared for Christmas! At this special pre-Christmas tasting, come and sample 7 different cheese and wine combinations particularly popular at Christmas so you can plan to make the most of the festive opportunity!
Cheese is often considered the perfect partner to wine, but it's not always easy to know which wines to choose. We will try a variety of combinations and at the end of the evening you can vote which works best for your palate - a great way to learn what works for you.
We'll look at 7 cheese styles from specialist local cheesemonger Hum Closen and I'll be teaching the principles of cheese and wine matching so you can get it right first time when you do it at home.
The line-up is likely to include such festive favourites as:
- Gruyere, firm dense, rich, nutty and strong. Paired with Premier Cru Champagne
- Norfolk Dapple with a South African barrel fermented Chenin Blanc
- Caerphilly, raw cow's milk clean, fresh with a pleasant mineral tang and creamier at the rind. Paired with a lovely Chiroubles.
- Comte, matured by Marcel Petite at Fort Saint Antoine for 12-18 months with a creamy texture, occasional crystals, nutty and savoury flavour. Paired with Cru Bourgeois Bordeaux.
- Brillat Savarin, a triple cream cheese that is luscious, rich and soft. Paired with a Prosecco Brut
- Munster, matured with a rich milky taste. Paired with Alsace Gewurztraminer
- Colston Basset Stilton, pasteurised cow’s milk turned blue, rich, buttery and full bodied. Paired with Quinta do Crasto LBV Port
Biscuits for cheese are included and details of where to source the wines locally if you want to get your hands on the pairings you like the most.
There will be something for everyone in this special tasting. If you like cheese and you like wine, this is the perfect combination - book on-line now.
All our tastings include tasting notes, a tutored tasting and the use of professional tasting glasses.
Places remaining: 1
Course Date/Time: Thu 12th Dec 2019 at 7pm
Venue: Royal Cambridge Hotel, Trumpington St