Saturday Introduction to Wine
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey. We'll taste wines from all over the world (no previous experience necessary).
The days is hosted within the beautiful and historic Chris's college, founded in 1437 and where Charles Darwin studied in Cambridge.
At this central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine in a lovely wood-panelled room leading onto a Minstrel's gallery with a spectacular view overlooking the the dining hall.
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of tasting wine to enjoy a delicious wine pairing lunch followed by a mini tour of the college.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like (filmed at a different college).
- Start with Champagne
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics(France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your tasting and senses
Two-course wine pairing lunch included in the price.
- How to taste wine like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, body, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Sat 11th Jul 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Christ's College, St Andrew's Street