Saturday Introduction to Wine
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary! Beginning with Champagne, watch us open the bottle by 'sabrage' (using a sabre)!
Our Saturday courses are held in the beautiful surrounds of Gonville and Caius college, one of the oldest university colleges in Cambridge (founded 1348). At this central Cambridge venue we will have exclusive use of the Senior Parlour - a spacious wood panelled room with large bay windows overlooking Gonville Court and Chapel.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like.
Half way through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch.
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Two-course lunch & Champagne included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 13th Jan 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Gonville and Caius college