Saturday Introduction to Wine
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey! Beginning with Champagne, we'll taste at least 13 wines from around the world (no previous experience necessary)!
From 2020 our Saturday courses will be held inside the beautiful and historic Chris's college, founded in 1437 and where Charles Darwin studied in Cambridge.
At this central Cambridge venue we'll enjoy tasting and learning about wine in a lovely wood-panelled room leading onto a Minstrel's gallery with a spectacular view overlooking the interior of the dining hall.
Halfway through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch followed by a mini tour of the college.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like (filmed at a different college).
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Two-course lunch & Champagne is included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Sat 11th Jul 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Christ's College, St Andrew's Street