Saturday Intro: FRANCE vs NEW WORLD
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey through OLD WORLD and NEW WORLD wines, tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary! Beginning with Champagne, watch us open the bottle by 'sabrage' (using a sabre)!
Our Saturday courses are held in the beautiful surrounds of Gonville and Caius college, one of the oldest university colleges in Cambridge (founded 1348). At this central Cambridge venue we will have exclusive use of the Senior Parlour - a spacious wood panelled room with large bay windows overlooking Gonville Court and Chapel.
Click here for a brief video showing what a typical Saturday wine course is like.
Half way through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch.
This fascinating course is a great introduction to wine comparing the classic wine regions of France directly with the best the New World can offer using the same grapes! Learn all the basics about the different grape varieties and how to taste wine like a professional!
We will compare Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah/Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Chardonnay and more from the best locations and producers from France and the New World.
- Burgundy vs New World (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- Bordeaux vs New World (Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot blends)
- Rhone vs New World (Grenache & Shiraz)
- Loire & Alsace vs New World (Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling)
- Improve your senses - Nez du Vin
Two-course lunch and Champagne included in the price.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- Learn the basics of food & wine pairing to make the most of meals at home
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 4th Aug 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Gonville and Caius college