NEW WSET Level 2 Course £330
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both wine industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) Cambridgeshire Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.
WSET Qualification Courses
Wine and Spirit Educational Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications suitable for both Wine Industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) Cambridgeshire Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework, accredited by OfQual.
"What a fun way to improve your wine knowledge. Mark was entertaining, hugely knowledgeable and ensured all members of our group (some not native English speakers) were fully on point for the end exam. As a formal introduction to the WSET syllabus he couldn't have done it better." Peter, October 2013.
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is intended to establish the basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of wine; it is ideal for preparing a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- This course is also a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying wine styles, practice of storing and serving wine, and food and wine matching.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course. Click the orange book cover for the full Level 1 course specification in a new browser window.
- The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industrywho have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.
- The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study wine using a structured curriculum and formal assessment. Please note - you do not need to have completed WSET Level 1 in order register for Level 2. It is a natural progression for those who have attended the Cambridgeshire Wine School 8-Week World of Wine Course.
- The course is an absolute must for anyone considering pursuing a career in the wine industry. Acheiving a good grade in this qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits.
Click the blue book cover to open the full Level 2 course specification in a new browser window.
Not sure which is the right level for you? Click below for further details about each course...